Downtown Bryan Overview
Downtown Bryan offers more than its history as a railroad town. Over time, the town has grown into a haven for small businesses to flourish in an increasingly corporate world. Downtown Bryan offers an array of music, food, shopping, and art that is the foundation for its title as one of Texas’s Cultural Arts Districts.
The streets of Downtown Bryan are rich with a variety of retail – from antique shops to family-owned restaurants, to art galleries, and boutiques. During the day, Downtown Bryan is the place to enjoy unique cafes and historic beauty. Lit by the glow of the newly restored Queen Theater, the streets of Downtown Bryan at night are just as entertaining. The Palace and Grand Stafford Theater are frequent hosts of live music, poetry slams, and other events throughout the year.
Bryan is a city in Brazos County, Texas. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 76,201. It is the county seat of Brazos County and is located in the heart of the Brazos Valley (southeast Central Texas). It borders the city of College Station, which lies to its south. Together they are referred to as the Bryan–College Station metropolitan area, the sixteenth largest metropolitan area in Texas, containing around 190,000 people.
Downtown Bryan is located just 5 miles from the Texas A&M University campus in College Station. Located in the heart of the “Texas Triangle,” Bryan is within 3 hours of Houston, Dallas and San Antonio.
Bryan has quality education no matter what age your child is at. You can find a comprehensive list of all the Bryan schools here: http://www.greatschools.org/texas/bryan/schools/
The Bryan ISD is also a great place to search out the schools in our area: http://www.bryanisd.org/
The vision and mission of Bryan ISD
Our Vision: Children First. Always.
Our Mission: Bryan ISD, the district of choice, will provide positive educational experiences that ensure high school graduation and post-secondary success.
- Meet the educational needs of every student by continually addressing teaching and learning so all students reach their maximum potential.
2. Bryan ISD will maintain a high quality workforce to support student success.
3. Optimize resources to support district goals and student success.
4. Bryan ISD will successfully implement the District Realignment Project.
5. Proactively improve communication and perception of Bryan ISD by engaging the students, community and district employees.
- An educated person has unlimited potential for success.
• Every employee of the district must have the support and tools to succeed.
• Diversity is an asset.
• Every child deserves respect and a quality education.
• No excuse is acceptable—the district must succeed.
- Public education is the foundation of our community.
- All students must be post high school ready, preparing them for the workforce and/or higher education.
- Schools should be a safe place to learn.
- In educating the whole child by developing their talents, curiosity and imagination.
Bryan has a rich Christian history and it’s churches reflect a diverse denominational background. You can find a detailed list of local churches in the area here: http://www.churchfinder.com/churches/tx/bryan
Happenings and Goings on in Downtown Bryan
Downtown Bryan’s events are one of the highlights of an ideal visit to one of Texas’s Cultural Arts Districts. No matter when your visit is, you’ll find some kind of local concert, celebration, or festival. Events in Downtown Bryan are sure to bring visitors back year after year. You can find a detailed list of upcoming events here: http://www.downtownbryan.com/events/